Managers play a very important role in ensuring that the organization is able to serve customers well. They put in place mechanisms to avoid complaints. They are responsible for seeing to it that there is a system in place, that front liners are equipped and empowered to help complaining customers if they are unhappy with the service. Organizational leaders also manage to learn from negative customer experience by looking into the circumstances of the complaints and then making necessary adjustments in operating procedures to avoid service failures from recurring.
In order to carry out this role, managers must develop competency at the strategic level; meaning that they are able to view customer service in a much broader perspective and act to develop strategies and policies for ensuring customer happiness, dealing with customer dissatisfaction and developing a system that allow people to learn from their experiences with the customers.
This workshop will equip your managers with the concepts and tools they need to develop the needed strategies and policies for seeing to it that the whole organization is able to facilitate customer service management from the strategic to the operational levels. Most importantly, they will be equipped to develop the needed strategy for complaints handling, resolution, service recovery and continual service improvement as a result of learning from negative customer experiences.
Building a Service Culture Workshop Objectives
- Use systems thinking approach to understand the variables that affect delivery of service and potential sources of customer happiness or dissatisfaction;
- Co-create a vision of how your organization will manifest its service culture in the future.
- Establish desired service standards that lead to better internal and external customer experience.
- Agree to adopt a method for complaints handling and service recovery;
- Use incidences of service failures as source of learning and process improvement; and
- Create an action plan to develop a customer service and service recovery policies and procedures