Some people mistakenly assume that performance management is concerned only with following regulatory requirements to appraise and rate performance. However, appraising performance is ONLY ONE PART of the overall process (and perhaps the least important part).
All organizations face the problem of directing the energies of their staff to the task of achieving organizational goals and objectives. In doing so, organizations need to devise means to influence and channel the behaviors of their employees so as to optimize their contributions. Performance
management constitutes one of the major management tools employed in this process. This is based on the premise that an individual’s performance in a job is improved by having definite goals, feedback about their performance, and is complemented by an appropriate reward system.
The goal of this course that ExeQserve, an HR solutions provider that operates in the Philippines, offers, is to give the participants a clear view of what performance management is all about and how to utilize it in achieving organizational objectives. At the end of this workshop, the participants should be able to participate in the design and implementation of a performance management system that includes the
- Policy Design and implementation mechanisms
- Performance goal setting mechanisms (KRA, KPI, Competencies)
- Performance Monitoring techniques
- Developing employee’s capability to perform through training and coaching
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding and recognizing performance.
Competency-based Performance Management Strategy Workshop Objectives
At the end of the session, the participants are expected to be able to:
- Describe the requirements for the successful implementation of a performance management system.
- Describe the roles managers and employees play in the implementation of a performance management system.
- Understand the components of Performance Management and how each relates to their managerial or supervisory tasks;
- Go through the steps towards successful employee performance management.