If companies are to survive and succeed in the current trend of rapid changes across industries, they need to be more adaptable and pro-active than before. An organization’s staying power will greatly depend on an acceptable workforce, thus the value of training.
In order for this to happen, the trainer should be able to put together a training design that does not only addresses the learners needs but also considers the most effective ways of carrying out the program utilizing the most appropriate methodologies. The trainer should be knowledgeable of adult learning principles and is able to deliver the program effectively using platform and facilitation skills.
A lot rides on it whenever one is tasked to share know-how with other people. Training is an investment in time, money, and effort not only of the trainer but the organization and the participants as well. A well planned and executed program should leave the learners with sufficient amount of knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to carry-out whatever is shared during the learning event.
The purpose of this program is to help those who are tasked with the big responsibility of training to acquire the basic skills necessary to prepare for and facilitate a training event.
Training the Trainer Workshop Objectives
At the end of this 3-day workshop, the participants are expected to be able to:
- Explain the importance of training
- Describe the role of the trainer; enumerate and discuss the qualities of an effective trainer.
- Identify the key principles of Adult learning, approaches and styles.
- Identify the components of a training design; list down some techniques and methodologies suitable for training.
- Determine logistical requirements in organizing and conducting a training course
- Present a sample functional training design.
- Prepare a lesson plan.
- Enumerate tactics in effective presentation
- Practice Key Principles in managing interactions with learners
- Enumerate steps in the facilitating learning process
- Identify ways to evaluate training effectiveness