Organizational Strategies are only effective when they are operationalized. This happens when Leaders are able to understand what they need to do, to achieve organizational objectives and create strategies to direct their resources towards the pursuit of goals.
Leaders need to have a complete appreciation of Strategy Development process as a management tool. They need to recognize that continuing improvement in performance requires a mindset geared towards understanding opportunities for change and formulating plans to make change happen. More importantly, they need to appreciate why and how a plan, no matter how great the intention and initiatives are, is only as good as its execution. Leaders must therefore, create strategies and tactics to ensure that plans are implemented, monitored, evaluated and adjusted as needed.
This program aims to help Leaders embrace strategic thinking and equip them with necessary knowledge and tools to come up with a plans that are aligned with the organizational strategies, establish a mechanism for effective monitoring, creating accountabilities and contingency planning.
- Define Strategic Thinking;
- Describe behaviors that demonstrate strategic thinking;
- Identify the different components of strategy development;
- Enumerate the steps to getting employees’ involvement;
- Explain the process for envrionmental scanning;
- Describe the use of environmental scanning as an initial step to planning;
- Define KRA, KPI, and KPO;
- Use a technique for developing SMART objectives;
- Establish the steps in effective planning;
- Enumerate the steps needed in proper execution and adjustment of plans;
- And create an action plan to immediately apply learning in the workplace.