It has become increasingly important for HR to be able to objectively assess the competency of employees within an organization, whether for reviews, interviews, learning and development, promotion and performance management. This highly interactive workshop has been specifically tailored to aid those who must design, develop or implement competencies and competency framework systems within their organization to help employees map their professional development and structure plans and strategies for competency building through learning and development.
The information gained from this training workshop will enable the participants to learn the key aspects of defining terminologies related to competency systems, how to develop and refine the system and finally use these to plan and implement a competency-based learning and development program.
Competency-based Learning and Development Workshop Objectives
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define competency and competency-based learning and development
- Explain the uses of a competencies in HR
- Differentiate core, technical and leadership competencies
- Walk through the process of developing competency catalog/dictionary
- Explain the steps in position and talent profiling
- Describe the process for validating competencies
- Walk through the tools provided for competency gaps assessment
- Apply provided tools for developing a competency-based Learning and Development Plan